Tuesday 26 July 2016

TASTy Tuesday - Second Helpings 64 - 70

Food is often used to describe colours, think of 'salmon pink', 'lime green' and 'oyster'.

These Second Helpings of TASTy stitches, would you say they are appetizing? Are they 'cookies and cream', 'chocolate' and 'toasted almonds', or are they 'lard', 'rice gruel' and 'cold oatmeal'?


From top:
64) Top Knotted Buttonhole Stitch (had to look up both name and instructions)
65) Buttonhole Bar
66) Coral Stitch
67) Fancy Hem Stitch
68) Slipped Detached Chain Stitch (had forgotten the name)
69) Buttonholed Double Chain Stitch (had to check the instructions and practice before I got going, but still looks awful on AIda; this is a free embroidery stitch!!!)
70) Crested Chain Stitch (remembered neither name nor instructions)

What will be on the menu next week? We're moving into the gray zone... I might skip my meals as I'll be busy with other things than embroidery.

5 comments:

margaret said...

my imagination has gone to sleep and cannot come up with foody works to describe these but they look good brain dead at the moment!

Julie Fukuda said...

I think I'll go with the chocolate ... or coffee with different amounts of milk added.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I'd go with the sweety stuff too!

carorose said...

A special kind of hand prepared chocolate I think.

crazyQstitcher said...

Good samples deserve the nicer names, so I'll go for the first three names.