Wednesday 14 August 2013

WIPW - Travelling with TAST

It is Work In Progress Wednesday. Go to Pintangle for more WIPW delights.

The Swedish wool embroidery wrist warmers are completed, so I started a new TAST summary project. I will add the more recent stitches, but also include some of the older ones.

I have a piece of charcoal grey/blue cotton, and outlined in chalk pencil there is a circle and some lines made with the help of my cz stencils.

While travelling cross country with 'British Rail' I worked the following TAST stitches: #73 Portuguese Stem, Back (not yet a TAST stitch), #14 Stem, #2 Buttonhole, #75 Woven Zig-zag Chain, #22 Buttonhole Wheel (half) and #15 French Knot.

Stranded floss and Perle #8 was used.

This fabric is photo shy and does not show up its beautiful shine, nor its lovely colour.


14 comments:

Lis Harwood said...

What a lovely way to make the most of being on British Rail!

Pamela said...

What a beautiful start! I'll look forward to your progress.

Annet said...

Such a lovely design!

carorose said...

You have inspired me to join the WIPW. Great way to get things done.

Queeniepatch said...

Oh, Carolyn, I feel so honoured by your words. Work In Progress Wedensday IS a good way to get things done, but you must also listen to your body and mind and not overdo things. Promise me that!

Queeniepatch said...

Thank you. There is more to come as this piece of fabric is a large piece.

margaret said...

your stitching is so delicate, can see this WIP is going to produce another wonderful piece of creativity

Queeniepatch said...

Thanks, Pamela. I will keep adding lines and new stitches. If I know myself right this piece might be over grown with stitches.

Queeniepatch said...

Well, Lis, isn't that the advantage of travelling snail rail?

Anonymous said...

This looks a nice little project!

Queeniepatch said...

It is just the beginning of a probably very L O N G project; who knows what it will look like when finished!

Queeniepatch said...

Let's hope so. It is a rather large piece of cloth (only a bit shown in the photo) so it might take a L O N G time to finish!

Anita said...

Beautiful design and stitching! Woven zig-zag chain heart looks so pretty..looking forward to see your progress..

Queeniepatch said...

The woven zig-zag heart was fiddly as the foundation chain stitches are small.